The world is an unsafe place in every sense of the word. Thanks to natural disasters, terrorism, homicides, robbery and massacres. Everyone wants to settle down in a safe place. But these days, it is extremely hard to find such safe countries.
So now, what according to you would constitute a safe country?
- Low crime rate?
- No natural disaster?
- Low corruption?
- Immunity to economical crisis?
Ideally, we would want to find at least one country that satisfies all the above criteria. But is it possible? While the increasing crime rates make all of us lose hope, strict laws, culture, values and a good judicial system and economy make some countries better than the others to live, raise kids in and happily retire. So, here is a list of the Top 10 Safest Countries In The World.
Source : The list, top 10 safest countries to live in the world is prepared based on the recent “Global Peace Index (GIP)” report released by “The Institute for Economics and Peace“.
Top 10 Safest Countries In The World
GPI Score: 1.341
- This fairly new European country attracts tourists from all over the world with its magnificent city “Prague” and its breathtaking scenery.
- Its development mainly concentrates on creating a most favorable climate for investment. As a result, it has built a robust economy in a relatively short span of time (1989 to 2015). In 2009, HDI declared Czech Republic as “A Country With Very High Human Development“.
- Rate of crime is very low here. Helpline number 112 is available for people who don’t know the local language.
- If you are a U.S resident, you wouldn’t require any VISA to enter this country for business or tourist purposes for the first 90 days. However, having a passport that is valid for at least 90 days beyond your period of stay is mandatory.
- Cost of living in this country is very less. For example: Though Prague is located at the center of culture and all other main tourist attractions ( historical spots, palaces,museum etc.), apartments here cost much lesser than in any other European country.
- Transportation system of Czech Republic is extremely punctual and is managed well. You can take a public transit pass with just $29 USD which is valid for a month. It can be utilized in trams, subways and buses.
- When it comes to entertainment, everyone will find something despite their age, gender,and ethnic preferences. So in no way, can anyone feel bored in this country.
- If you love the outdoors, you will love the Czech Republic too, without a doubt. Situated at the border of mountains, it has so many well preserved deep forests. If it’s summer, you can go hiking or just cycle around the countryside. If it’s winter, downhill skiing is an option.
GPI Score: 1.329
- Whether you want to spend your retirement days or want to bring your children up in a very peaceful and happy environment, Australia is certainly one of the your best options.
- People of this country are very welcoming, and they enjoy multiculturalism. Equalitarianism, ideal climate, and outdoor pursuits are few of the many factors that attract expats from all over the world.
- Australians respect friendship and family values more than anything.
- It provides a broad range of schooling options, and there are more opportunities for children to spend their time in recreational outdoors. These factors make it a perfect place to raise children in.
- Australia is the most desired destination for young students and professionals all over the world.
- It offers a high quality of life and excellent healthcare facilities to all its citizens through both private and public systems.
- In short, Australia offers a fair new beginning for anyone who has skills and energy. It is one of the main reasons for why people adore Australia.
GPI Score : 1.322
- The next country in our list of safest places to live in the world is Japan. The Crime rate in this country is really low.
- Japanese respect their culture, and it is one of the main reasons why people honor this country. I am sure you must have heard how well disciplined the Japanese are and therefore, they will never get involved in activities, which brings shame to their country.
- Possession of firearms is strictly prohibited according to their laws. Firm gun control, strict laws and wealthy economy make sure that its inhabitanta are 100% safe.
- According to the 2010 GPI (Global Peace Index) framed by IEP (Institute for Economics and Peace) report, Japan has also been ranked as the third most peaceful country in the world.
- With the occurance of homicides, terrorism and violent crimes highly unlikely in Japan, this place becomes extremely safe for one to reside in.
GPI Score: 1.287
- Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world and 20.6% of its total population comprises of foreign nationals. Not to mention, it is claimed to have the highest immigrants rate per capita in the world. Though this factor alone is more than enough to call it the safest country in the world, it has a lot more other lucrative factors. Read on.
- The healthcare system in Canada is highly commendable. It offers “universal public health Insurance” to all citizens and permanent residents at very cheap prices. By using this Medicare, one can have access to the universally high standard treatments at both private and public hospitals.
- This system has inspired many people who suffer from chronic conditions to move to this country for healthcare purposes. However, people with temporary residency can’t avail the same benefits.
- When it comes to employment, it offers enormous scope with many open positions in energy sectors, in the communication industry, real estate and in financial services.
- Though Canada during winter is freezing cold for more than 6 months, people who live here don’t complain about it a lot.
- So, if you are planning to visit or migrate to this country, you can expect to have a calm, peaceful and high-quality life.
- Canada has never been a target of terrorism.
All this makes Canada one of the safest countries in the world.
GPI Score: 1.227
- Being one of the Nordic-style countries, Finland is mainly known for having high regard for civil liberty, democracy, and human rights.
- With low crime rate, a nature-friendly environment, and a stable economy, it never fails to rank high in all the lists that talk about the national performance metrics.
- Since the end of world war -II, the government of Finland has adopted the neutrality policy and so has avoided violence. Most common punishments given to the people who get involved in crimes are probation, fines and community services.
- Although people of Finland are perceived as quiet & reserved people, the young Finns have changed this perception completely.
- In Finland, the majority of healthcare services are managed by the local municipalities themselves and are offered to the general public through local healthcare centers.
- The literacy rate in Finland is 100%. This is possible as the government offers compulsory education to all its citizens and expats who have got residency in Finland. Almost all major cities in Finland have excellent local and international schools.